Montioni Wines and Oils
In the Montioni Winery you will find all the wines of our production, the best Umbrian wines of Montefalco:
- The most famous red wine of Umbria, Sagrantino of Montefalco D.O.C.G. produced from 100% Sagrantino grapes and the Ma.Gia Montefalco Sagrantino dedicated to the 4th generation Montioni and in a limited edition;
- Our red wine composed of 65% of Sangiovese grapes, 20% of Merlot grapes and 15% of Sagrantino grapes, called Montefalco Rosso D.O.C.;
- Umbria Rosso I.G.T., a young red wine 50% Sangiovese and 50% Merlot;
- Our white wine produced from 100% Grechetto grapes, Umbria Grechetto I.G.T.
- Grappa di Sagrantino, balsamic and delicate, produced from the distillation of the marc of Sagrantino Grapes
Since 1978, two varieties of olive oils have been produced in our Montioni Oil Mill, coming from the olives of our fantastic olive grove, which we have been taking care of for more than 40 years:
Olio EVO Monocultivar Moraiolo made with 100% Moraiolo olives;
And our Olio Extra Vergine of Montefalco produced from olives 50% Moraiolo and 50% Frantoio.
Paradise of oil and Sagrantino: hospitality, kindness, genuineness and quality: these are the adjectives that in my opinion summarize Montioni. The owner is a mix of sympathy and preparation and guided us through the visit to his Winery and Oil Mill, managing to convey his love and his passion. Even two abstainers with us were fascinated and impressed, even without participating in the tasting. We closed the visit with the tasting of the excellent oil and superlative wines and with the purchase of both.
Great products and kindness: We recently visited the olive mill/cellar montioni. After a great welcome, the owner let us taste both oil (very fragrant and very good) and wine. What can I say? There were both excellent! Recommended for those who want to take home a piece of Umbria!
Great wine… Great oil: i was in the area with my family, I searched on TripAdvisor and I found this spectacular winery/olive mill… We tasted excellent wine, talked with the owner’s father who showed us the stages of olive oil production. Summing up: professionalism, courtesy and great products. I bought at reasonable prices the amazing Sagrantino di Montfalco D.O.C.G., the Grechetto I.G.T. and the extra virgin olive oil extracted cold. I recommend it.